Android Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing for the Android platform. It was announced on May 16, 2013. Android Studio is freely available. Great features offered by Android Studio are:
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Build variants and multiple
- Code templates to help you build common app features
- Rich layout editor with support for drag and drop theme editing
linttools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility, and other problems
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine
- And much more
Here we go with awesome workspace (Android Studio) installation process
- 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB RAM recommended
- 400 MB Hard disk space
- Atleast 1 GB for android SDK, emulator system images and caches
- JAVA Development Kit (JDK) 7
Must needed things before starting the process
Connect your laptop to internet and check internet is working without any breakdown.
Follow the below steps for installation
1. For installing Android Studio, navigate to android developer website (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
2. Click the below button to download the Android Studio depending on your Operating system
3. Below screen will be shown to accept the ‘Terms and conditions’
4. Check the Check box of ‘Terms and conditions’ and Download button will be enabled.
5. Click on the Blue button to download the installation file of android studio
6. Android Studio Installation file will be downloaded
7. After downloading the file, Double click to open and you will find the below screen
This will indicate the starting of Android Studio Installation process has started
8. Android Studio Setup Wizard will appear as shown below which will set up development environment. Proceed by clicking ‘Next’ button
9. Install Type window will be prompted to choose the installation type. Leave it unchanged and click ‘Next’ button
10. Android Studio will require the Android Software Development Kit (SDK) for building the Android applications. Hence, it will prompt you to install the SDK. Check the radio button ‘Accept’ for installing all the required components. Then click on ‘Finish’ button to start the installation.
11. The Setup Wizard will download all the required components. Wait until all the required files are downloaded. This will take quite some time to download.
12. Click on ‘Finish’ button once the installation finishes.
13. Now Android Studio installation is completed successfully. Please wait until welcome window appears.
14. As you can see, start a new project or open an existing one or import code sample and a lot more actions can be started from here. This is basically the home window of Android Studio when you open it.
15. Click on ‘Configure’ in the Welcome screen.
16. Here you can find all the required configurations for running android studio smoothly.
17. As android studio downloaded the SDK while installing, the path of the SDK will be mapped to it.
18. Click on ‘SDK Manager’ to open it. It will show all the installed packages.
19. During installation process, if few components are not downloaded, we can manually download them using ‘SDK manager’ window. To install the pending components, Click on ‘Install x packages’.
20. It will prompt for accepting license for all the packages. Click on ‘Accept License’ checkbox and then ‘Install’. Please wait till all the packages are being downloaded.
21. After downloading total packages now Android Studio is completely installed and configured for building applications.
Dowload complete process of the installation
245 total views, 1 views today